Dr. Anand Rajendran
DO, DNB, FRCS
Chief, Retina Vitreous Services
Aravind Eye Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Anand Rajendran graduated in medicine from JIPMER, Pondicherry, DO and DNB from Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai. He has been awarded an honorary FRCS. Currently he is the chief of Retina Vitreous Services at Aravind Eye Hospital, Chennai.
He has published several research papers in peer reviewed International Journals and State Journals
List of publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Sahoo NK, Singh SR, Anand Rajendran, Shukla D, Chhablani J. Masqueraders of Central Serous Chorioretinopathy. Surv Ophthalmol. 2019;64:30-44.
- MY Vishal, Naresh Babu K, Piyush Kohli, Anand R, Kim R. Retrospective study of changes in ocular coherence tomography characteristics after failed macular hole surgery and outcomes of fluid-gas exchange for persistent macular hole. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018;66:1130-1135.
- Giridhar A, Jay Sheth, Muna B, Raja Narayanan, Sundaram N, Anand R, George Manayath, Parveen Sen, Rupak Biswas, Alay Banker, Charu Gupta. Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy: Pearls in diagnosis and management. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018;66:896-908.
- Anand Rajendran, Pankaja D, Sundaresan P, Saravanan V, Praveen V, Nitsch D, Smeeth L, Chakravarthy U, Ravindran R D, Fletcher A E. Genetic Risk Factors for Late Age-Related Macular Degeneration in India. Br J Ophthalmol. 2018;102:1213-1217.
- Naresh Kumar, Yadev Jayadev Chaitra, Anand Rajendran, Manish Nagpal. Recent Developments in Retinal Lasers and Delivery Systems. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014;62:50-54.
- Shukla D, Jay Kalliath, Karthik, S, Nithya, N, Anand Rajendran, Naresh, Kannan B, Umesh Chandra Behera. Management of Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment with Coexisting Macular Hole: a comparison of vitrectomy with and without internal limiting membrane peeling. Retina. 2013;33:571-578.
- Zhang K, Harada, Y, Wei, X, Shukla D, Anand Rajendran, Tawansy, K, Bedell, M, Lim, S, Shaw, P X, He, X, Yang, Z. An Essential Role of the Cysteine-Rich Domain of FZD4 in Norrin, WNT Signaling and Familial Exudative Vitreoretinopathy. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:10210-5.
- Namperumalsamy, P, Hejtmancik, J F. Association Analysis of Nine Candidate Gene Polymorphisms in Indian Patients with Type 2 Diabetic Retinopathy. BMC Med. Genet. 2010;11:158.
- Suganthalakshmi B, Sundaresan, P, Anand Rajendran, Kim, R, Govindarajan, G, Anand Rajendran, Gupta, S R, Brahadeesh, S, Kim, R. Intravitreal Bevacizumab for Choroidal Neovascularization Associated with a Retinochoroidal Coloboma. Eye. 2010;24:933-934.
- Shukla D, Bharat Ramchandani, Vignesh, T P, Anand Rajendran, Nithya, N. Localized Serous Retinal Detachment of Macula as a Marker of Malignant Hypertension. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2010:1-7. [Epub]
- Anand Rajendran, Gupta, S R, Brahadeesh, S, Kim, R. Intravitreal Bevacizumab for Choroidal Neovascularization Associated with a Retinochoroidal Coloboma. Eye. 2010;24:933-4.
- Shukla D, Anand Rajendran, Somnath Chakraborthy, Rajkumar Maheshwari. Chronic Retinal Pigment Epithelial Detachments with Unusual Clinical, Angiographic and Tomographic Presentations. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2008;39:491-493.
- Murugeswari P, Shukla D, Anand Rajendren, Kim, R, Namperumalsamy, P, Muthukkaruppan, V R. Proinflammatory Cytokines and Angiogenic and Anti-Angiogenic Factors in Vitreous of Patients With Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy and Eales’ Disease. Retina. 2008;28:817-824.
- Shukla D, Somnath Chakraborty Anand Rajendran. Combined Pharcmacotherapy and Thermotherapy for Chronic Central Serous Chorioretinopathy with Anterior Segment Neovascularisation. Eye. 2008;22:600-602.
- Shukla D Anand Rajendran, Rajkumar Maheswari, Naresh, Kannan B. Early Closure of Macular Hole Seconary to Rhegmatogenous Retinal Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment with Internal Limiting Membrane Peeling. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2008;39:81-85.
- Fu L, Garland, D, Yang, Z, Shukla D, Anand Rajendran, Pearson, E, Stone, E M, Zhang, K, Pierce, E A.The R345W Mutation in EFEMP1 is Pathogenic and Causes AMD-Like Deposits in Mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:3411-3422.
- Shukla D, Anand Rajendran, Gibbs, Daniel, Suganthalakshmi B, Zhang, Kang, Sundaresen, P. Unusual Manifestations of X-Linked Retinoschisis: Clinical Profile and Diagnostic Evaluation . Am. J. Ophthalmol. 2007;144:419-423.
- Shukla D, Chandramohan, K, Anand Rajendran, Nitin Deshpande, Kim, R. Evolution and Management of Diabetic Tractional Papillopathy: an optical coherence tomographic study. Eye. 2007;21:569-571.
- Suganthalakshmi B, Anand Rajendran, Shukla D, Kim, R, Nallathambi, J, Sundaresan, P.Genetic variations in the hotspot region of RSI Gene in Indian patients with Juvenile X-Linked retinoschisis. Mol. Vis. 2006;19:611-617.
- Shukla D, Anand Rajendran, Kim, R. Macular Hole Formation and Spontaneous Closure after Vitrectomy for Central Retinal Vein Occlusion. Graefes Arch. Clin. Exp. Ophthalmol. 2006;244:1350-1352.
- Shukla D, Naresh, Kannan B, Anand Rajendran, Kim, R. Macular Hole Secondary to X-Linked Retinoschisis. Eye. 2006;20:1459-1461.
- Nallathambi J, Shukla D, Anand Rajendran, Namperumalsamy, P, Muthulakshmi, R, Sundaresan, P. Identification of Novel FZD4 Mutations in Indian Patients with Familial Exudative Vitreoretinopathy. Mol Vis. 2006;12:1086-1092.
- Suganthalakshmi B, Anand Rajendran, Kim, R, Mahalakshmi, Rajendran, Karthik Prakash, Namperumalsamy, P, Sundaresan, P. Association of VEGF and eNOS Gene Polymorphisms in Type 2 Diabetic Retinopathy. Mol Vis. 2006;12:336-341.
- Suganthalakshmi B, Anand Rajendran, Kim, R, Namperumalsamy, P, Sundaresan, P. Emerging Patterns of Possible Potential Candidate Gene Polymorphisms Associated with Diabetic Retinopathy – A Review. Asian J Exp Sci. 2006;20:15-28.
- Shukla D, Anand Rajendran, Jatinder Singh, Kim, R, Namperumalsamy, P, Cunningham Jr., Emmett T. Atypical Manifestations of Diabetic Retinopathy. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2003;14:371-377.