Blending traditional hospitality with modern amenities, Inspiration is an idyllic home away from home for all trainees, visitors, volunteers, and project students who come to Aravind from around the world. Located very close to the Aravind Eye Hospital and LAICO, Inspiration offers a comfortable and relaxing experience for the guests. The large open-to-sky courtyard in the centre and the large spacious lounges on each floor are designed to serve as inspirational spaces to generate creative thinking.
Accommodation is limited to trainees, visitors, volunteers, project students and guests officially associated or registered with Aravind Eye Care System. No family accommodation will be provided.
Front Desk is open from 8.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m. to facilitate checking in and out, enquiries, room booking, and receiving messages for the occupants. Services are not available on Sundays.
Reservation should be done by submitting the Online Reservation Form.
Online room reservation is mandatory. Fill in the form and submit. After successful submission of the form, a confirmation mail will be sent to you depending on the availability of rooms. (Please note: Do not mistake acknowledgement mail as the Confirmation mail).
While checking-in, you are requested to submit the official letter from Aravind Eye Hospitals confirming your registration. Those who are checking-in after 6.00 p.m and on Sundays, kindly collect the key from the security.
24 hours check-out. Check-out will be done based on the completion of all payments. Formalities can be done before 3.30 p.m. for those who are checking out after 6.00 p.m. Those who plan to check-out on Sundays should complete all the formalities on the previous evening.
All rooms have an intercom facility and attached bathrooms with geysers. The rooms are well air-conditioned and equipped with satellite television. Non-AC rooms are also available.
An intercom is provided in each room for connecting to the front desk and the hospital staff.
Food is catered at a common well-furnished dining area.
To use the catering services, please pay and register for your meals along with your room rent as advance.
There will be no refunds for meal payments.
Meals are served at fixed timings, Monday to Saturday. On Sundays, only breakfast is served.
Meal timing: Breakfast: 7.00 – 8.30 a.m., Lunch: 12.30 – 2.00 p.m., Dinner: 7.00 – 8.00 p.m.
On Sundays, the Breakfast will be served from 8.00-9.00 a.m.
Meal charges: Rs. 284/- per day (inclusive of 5% GST) per occupant
Complimentary breakfast will be served every day.
Lunch and Dinner will be served on all days except Sundays.
Breakfast: One tiffin, bread, boiled egg, oats/cornflakes, fruit, coffee, tea.
Lunch: Chapatti, one gravy or dhal, variety rice, two vegetables, rice, curd, rasam, papad, sweet. Non-veg is served 5 days a week.
Dinner: One tiffin, one variety rice, white rice, one vegetable, curd, fruits, or sweet, hot milk. Veg soup is served 3 nights a week and non-veg is served once a week.
Inspiration’s first floor is home to a library that was created with the aim of fostering a reading culture and promoting knowledge acquisition among trainees. The library contains a diverse collection of reading materials, including novels, spiritual texts and management books.
We encourage trainees to make effective use of this valuable resource during their free time. Moreover, they are welcome to contribute to the library by donating books that they believe would be of interest or benefit to their fellow trainees and others.
However, it is important to note that the books in the library are strictly for in-house use and cannot be taken home by trainees.
Laundry services are available at Inspiration. Please get in touch with the Manager to know the details.
Room Tariff (in Indian Rupees) inclusive of 12% GST effective from 1st May 2023
|Per day Tariff in INR
/ Per Occupant
|*Twin Sharing Non AC||Single Non AC||*TwinSharing AC||Single AC||TwinSharing AC
as Single Occupant
|Weekly (Applicable for
stay >=7 days, <30days)
|Monthly (Applicable stay >=30days)||376||533||768||1,082||1,254|
(Rates subject to change as per management discretion)
Above rates are inclusive of room rent, free internet and complimentary breakfast
*Twin sharing rooms will be allotted based on the availability of the other sharing partner
Short term (staying for less than a month)
- Payments for the room and board for the entire period of stay should be fully paid at the time of check-in, if not done earlier.
Long Term (staying for more than a month)
- Payments for the room and board for the entire period can be made along with the course fee either by RTGS or wire transfer. If not, payment for at least one month must be made along with the course fee. For the subsequent months, monthly payment should be made on the first working day of the month.
- Those who have paid in advance through wire transfer should produce proof of the same at the time of check-in.
- Payment can be made through credit/debit card (Visa/Master card). Appropriate service tax will be added to the payment.
- Direct cash payment at the time of check-in will be accepted only for those staying less than a week.
- At the time of payment, always ensure that you get a receipt.
- Sponsored trainees should produce the proof of sponsorship at the time of check-in.
- There is no payment facility in Inspiration.
- All payments should be made at the Admin office located on the second floor of LAICO building on the day of check-in at the inspiration. Timings: 9.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m., Monday to Saturday. Those who are checking in after 4.00 p.m. and on Sundays should make the payment on the following day.
We are committed to ensuring your safety and comfort during your stay here. To achieve this, we have the following guidelines that all the guests are required to follow throughout their stay here.
- Occupants are supposed to get back to the guest house by 9.00 p.m.
- Alcohol and Smoking are strictly prohibited inside the rooms and the premises of the guest house.
- Visitors can meet the guests at the reception only. They are not allowed in the rooms at any time.
- Food served at ‘Inspiration’ has to be taken only in the dining hall. It should not be carried to the guest rooms.
- For the convenience of the guests, a list with contact information of several vendors (travel, money exchange etc.) is provided in the information folder kept in the room. Please note that the Aravind management and staff are not liable for disagreements / disputes with any of these vendors. The guests should make payments directly and deal with them on their own discretion.
- Tips for the employees are strictly prohibited at Aravind. Occupants are discouraged to have any financial transaction with employees. Management is not liable for the same.
As per the rule of Govt. of India, Form “C” should be filled-in and submitted online.
- Copy of passport and visa details should be submitted. Ensure that you have a minimum of three photocopies of passport and your passport size photos
- If FRRO reistration is required, it will be done by online.
For overseas participants / visitors, FORM C Registration within a week is mandatory. For that, remember to bring two passport size photographs, copy of Visa and Passport and handover these to the Inspiration Manager at the time of check-in.
Some nationals will have to undergo FRRO registration also. Their passports will be stamped with this seal at the time of immigration. They are advised to contact their Course Co-ordinator at Aravind who will be able to help with the necessary documents. Take these documents to the Inspiration Manager who will proceed with the FRRO registration.