What will you learn?
- After the completion of this course the candidate will be able to:
- Produce customized prosthetic eyes with the help of an ophthalmologist
- Assist ophthalmologist in clinical management
- Promote patient centred care with continuous quality improvement
- Apply scientific management practices under supervision of an ophthalmic department
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
- Any graduate/degree holder
- Candidates from well reputed organisation
- Should have exposure in ophthalmic set up
This training is designed for para –ophthalmic professionals with an objective:
- To provide knowledge & develop practical skills
- To enhance clinical skills to support the ophthalmologist
- To upgrade technical skills in preparation of prosthesis and maintenance of instruments.
Where to stay?
Accommodation and Food:
Inspiration – Aravind international trainee’s hostel is a comfortable and quiet place located close to the LAICO and Aravind Eye Hospital campus. Please see the brochure for Tariff details.
How to pay?
Course fee covers tuition fee and teaching materials. National candidates can pay online on receipt of invoice along with the confirmation / appointment letter. International candidates can pay through wire transfer; the account details along with the payment procedure will be emailed to you by the course coordinator on confirmation of your admission.
Campus life at Aravind:
We recommend that all trainees take a look at Vanakkam – as guidebook to Southern India and Aravind. As you prepare for your travel to India and to the Aravind destinations, ‘Vanakkam’ will provide you with detailed information on what to expect when you arrive. This includes travel arrangements, dress code, living conditions, local weather and local food, as well as information on sightseeing and restaurants in the cities where the Aravind facilities are located.
For International Candidates:
A Visa is necessary to travel to India. As your visit to India is for undergoing training, you must obtain student /entry / internship visa (based on the duration of your training). It is advisable to get visa for the entire training period even before arriving in India. Extension of visa while undergoing training is not possible. Tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
On arrival at Aravind:
The FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) registration formalities will be done as per the instructions given on your visa page. For registration purpose, the participant should have their four passport size colour photographs (4×4 cm with white background, ears distinctly visible without spectacles and cap). If required, documents should be presented to the local police commissioner office in person. Please refer registration guidelines for more details.