What will you learn?
- This training programme is divided into two sections.
- In first session: Observation / Second Assistant in Retina Operation theatre
- In the second session: Working with EYESI ophthalmosurgical vitrectomy simulator in Wet Lab and didactic lectures
The course is open to all ophthalmologists.
Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore
- Candidates who have undergone long-term training in Vitreo-Retinal Surgery to get trained in basic and advanced surgical techniques.
- Vitreo-Retinal surgeons who are not currently practising but would like to set up a Vitreo-Retinal surgery unit and to refine their surgical skills.
- Candidates from other developing countries are also eligible, subject to fulfilling the procedural formalities of Medical Council of India.
- The candidates should apply in the prescribed application form and will be admitted after scrutinizing their credentials and certificates.
- Aravind Eye care System offers this Short Term Training in Vitrectomy which is the first of its kind in Asia.
- The main objective of this training programme is to fine tune the candidates in pars plana vitrectomy surgery as well as maintenance of vitrectomy machine.
Where to stay?
Accommodation and Food:
Accommodation facilities with catering services are available within the campus at all Aravind centres. Types of facilities differ with each centre. Please contact the training coordinator for more information.
How to pay?
Course fee covers tuition fee and teaching materials. National candidates can pay online on receipt of invoice along with the confirmation / appointment letter. International candidates can pay through wire transfer; the account details along with the payment procedure will be emailed to you by the course coordinator on confirmation of your admission.
Campus life at Aravind:
We recommend that all trainees take a look at Vanakkam – as guidebook to Southern India and Aravind. As you prepare for your travel to India and to the Aravind destinations, ‘Vanakkam’ will provide you with detailed information on what to expect when you arrive. This includes travel arrangements, dress code, living conditions, local weather and local food, as well as information on sightseeing and restaurants in the cities where the Aravind facilities are located.
For International Candidates:
A Visa is necessary to travel to India. As your visit to India is for undergoing training, you must obtain student /entry / internship visa (based on the duration of your training). It is advisable to get visa for the entire training period even before arriving in India. Extension of visa while undergoing training is not possible. Tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
On arrival at Aravind:
The FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) registration formalities will be done as per the instructions given on your visa page. For registration purpose, the participant should have their four passport size colour photographs (4×4 cm with white background, ears distinctly visible without spectacles and cap). If required, documents should be presented to the local police commissioner office in person. Please refer registration guidelines for more details.