What will you learn?
- Glaucoma fellowship at Aravind Eye Hospital seeks to train the next generation of mature, experienced, competent subspecialists, equipped with research and clinical experience, who will become the future leaders in the field.
- The fellowship offers opportunity to learn all aspects of the diagnosis and management of primary, secondary and complicated glaucomas in patients of all ages.
- Fellows gain experience in diagnostic techniques for glaucoma, examine patients and develop treatment plans under the supervision of a faculty advisor.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Able to work as part of a team
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai
Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli
Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore
Aravind Eye Hospital, Pondicherry
Aravind Eye Hospital, Chennai
Sri Venkateswara Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirupati
Aravind Eye Hospital, Salem
- Qualified Postgraduates (MS/MD/DNB), below the age of 35
- The objective of this programme is to intensively train ophthalmologists to impart skills in recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma and cataract through clinical evaluation and research, the use of various investigative procedures, medical treatment and surgical intervention.
- Under the guidance of Glaucoma faculty, fellows learn how to manage the most difficult glaucoma cases in an atmosphere that fosters career development through teaching and clinical research. Fellows actively participate in the clinical decision making and surgical care of a wide variety of glaucoma cases.
- A major portion of the fellow’s time is committed to direct patient care in the Glaucoma Service. The medical management of glaucoma cases, as well as the pre- and postoperative care of surgical cases are essential to fellowship training. Fellows are encouraged to evaluate each case thoroughly, formulating differential diagnoses and management plans.
Fellows assist in the operating room and are expected to ensure, to the best of their ability, that surgical plans are implemented. Fellows are also expected to assist with and perform scheduled cases, as well as add-on cases at the discretion of the attending and the call schedule.