What will you learn?
- Use principles of adult education to maximize the learning of your trainees
- Launch a new training programme; as well as improve or expand an existing programme
- Adopt a curriculum that is suitable for your training
- Modules will closely follow these objectives, and include:
- Develop and impart training that will result in effective performance in the workplace
- Importance of AOPs and Principals of adult learning
- Use student-centered teaching methods in your training
- Analysis & Design of the training programme
- Develop the necessary administrative infrastructure for the training centre
- Development and implementation of the training programme
- Understand the benefits and costs of delivering training via IT and the web
- Training program evaluation
- Plan for a sustainable allied ophthalmic personnel training programme
- Training program development and sustainability
Eye Hospitals who want to become a training centre for their region
Participants can be Head of the Institute and Training in charge
Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology, Madurai
- You may be eligible if your eye hospital currently offers or is interested in starting a training programme for eye care paramedics.
- Each hospital should bring a team of two to three participants: representing the head of the institute, the person in charge of the training programme, and one person actively involved in delivering the training. Ideal applications will include all three.
- This course requires participants to be able to speak in English.
- Your team will be required to carry out activities before the course, in order to enable active participation once the course begins. More importantly, the team will be required to carry out activities after the course. Bringing a full team is necessary to ensure that learning from Eyexcel is translated back to your workplace.
This course prepares eye hospital teams to deliver high-quality training on a regular basis for allied ophthalmic personnel. Experienced faculty from Aravind, international guest faculty, and successful Eyexcel alumni will conduct this course. The course is highly interactive with the majority of time spent in practice and application. Each participant team meets daily with a facilitator to deepen exposure to the content and to apply it to the needs of the team’s institution. Participants receive all course materials in print in a binder as well as digitally on a CD.
Where to stay?
Accommodation and Food:
Inspiration – Aravind international trainee’s hostel is a comfortable and quiet place located close to the LAICO and Aravind Eye Hospital campus. Please see the brochure for Tariff details.
How to pay?
Course fee covers tuition fee and teaching materials. National candidates can pay online on receipt of invoice along with the confirmation / appointment letter. International candidates can pay through wire transfer; the account details along with the payment procedure will be emailed to you by the course coordinator on confirmation of your admission.
Campus life at Aravind:
We recommend that all trainees take a look at Vanakkam – as guidebook to Southern India and Aravind. As you prepare for your travel to India and to the Aravind destinations, ‘Vanakkam’ will provide you with detailed information on what to expect when you arrive. This includes travel arrangements, dress code, living conditions, local weather and local food, as well as information on sightseeing and restaurants in the cities where the Aravind facilities are located.
For International Candidates:
A Visa is necessary to travel to India. As your visit to India is for undergoing training, you must obtain student /entry / internship visa (based on the duration of your training). It is advisable to get visa for the entire training period even before arriving in India. Extension of visa while undergoing training is not possible. Tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
On arrival at Aravind:
The FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) registration formalities will be done as per the instructions given on your visa page. For registration purpose, the participant should have their four passport size colour photographs (4×4 cm with white background, ears distinctly visible without spectacles and cap). If required, documents should be presented to the local police commissioner office in person. Please refer registration guidelines for more details.