What will you learn?
- This fellowship will enhance the skills and knowledge of the participants in specific areas of eye hospital administration. The fellowship provides insights basics of eye care, and the functions of the various clinical and support departments of an eye hospital. It equips managers with the competencies required for effectively managing an eye hospital.
- This course will equip the participants to develop appropriate strategies to increase patient volumes and design patient centered workflows for smooth functioning of core clinical processes (outpatient care, ward, operating room etc.)
- This course will enable the participant to learn and apply appropriate management principles to improve quality and efficiency and implement systems for continuous quality improvement.
Managers working in healthcare and allied sectors
Lions Aravind Institute of Community Ophthalmology, Madurai
- Candidates with Masters in Hospital Administration, healthcare management, business administration, social work with minimum one year working experience preferably in healthcare sector
- Any other degree holder with minimum three years’ working experience in hospitals or field work in community organizations.
- Candidates below the age of 30 will be preferred
- As the course will be presented in English, all applicants will be expected to communicate effectively in English
- This is a practical course in which the participant will spend most of his/her time in Aravind’s tertiary and secondary care hospitals
- Intensive orientation and training in eye care management will be provided and the participants will be engaged in weekly and monthly hospital postings with specific learning projects
- Internship atone of Aravind’ssecondary care hospitals
- Externship at one of Aravind’s partner hospitals
- Facilitation for placement in an eye hospital across India with on the job support for initial 2 months
- The faculty for this fellowship includes management consultants of LAICO, doctors, managers, coordinators, and allied ophthalmic personnel of Aravind Eye Hospitals.
- Each candidate will be assigned a mentor
- Managerial skills and NABH orientation will also be provided
Where to stay?
Accommodation and Food:
Inspiration – Aravind international trainee’s hostel is a comfortable and quiet place located close to the LAICO and Aravind Eye Hospital campus. Please see the brochure for Tariff details.
How to pay?
Course fee covers tuition fee and teaching materials. National candidates can pay online on receipt of invoice along with the confirmation / appointment letter. International candidates can pay through wire transfer; the account details along with the payment procedure will be emailed to you by the course coordinator on confirmation of your admission.
Campus life at Aravind:
We recommend that all trainees take a look at Vanakkam – as guidebook to Southern India and Aravind. As you prepare for your travel to India and to the Aravind destinations, ‘Vanakkam’ will provide you with detailed information on what to expect when you arrive. This includes travel arrangements, dress code, living conditions, local weather and local food, as well as information on sightseeing and restaurants in the cities where the Aravind facilities are located.
For International Candidates:
A Visa is necessary to travel to India. As your visit to India is for undergoing training, you must obtain student /entry / internship visa (based on the duration of your training). It is advisable to get visa for the entire training period even before arriving in India. Extension of visa while undergoing training is not possible. Tourist visa is strictly prohibited.
On arrival at Aravind:
The FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) registration formalities will be done as per the instructions given on your visa page. For registration purpose, the participant should have their four passport size colour photographs (4×4 cm with white background, ears distinctly visible without spectacles and cap). If required, documents should be presented to the local police commissioner office in person. Please refer registration guidelines for more details.