What will you learn?
- Complete knowledge about the use and working of ophthalmic instruments
- The basic method of maintaining the instruments
- The precautions one should take while handling the optics in an instruments
- The importance of keeping spares, cleaning materials and the necessary tools
- The method of replacing bulbs with correct ratings
- The common method of trouble shootings with less breaks down time
- The importance of Preventive Maintenance and Break down Maintenance
- The necessity of Annual Maintenance Contract and Comprehensive Maintenance Contract
- Gain the self-confidence to independently repair common problems faced with ophthalmic instruments.
This course is meant for staff of eye care organisations – including biomedical engineers, ophthalmic technicians, electricians or anyone interested in learning about maintaining ophthalmic equipment
As this course will be offered in English, participants are required to conversant in English
Batch Number 1
No of Seats
Prof. N. Manickam
- Since the course is delivered in English, applicants are expected to be conversant in English
This course designed to impart the basic knowledge and skill required to take care of and maintain common ophthalmic equipment used in an eye clinic or hospital.
This course is offered online. Participants will receive a certificate of completion upon satisfactory completing all modules in this course.